Mindfulness Solutions with Kate Oliver
Do you wish you were less emotionally reactive? Less stressed as a parent? More productive at work? Do you wish you are calm, focussed, happy and able to enjoy relationships with a sense of ease? MINDFULNESS can give you these tools, in simple, easy steps.
Beginning with a FREE introductory workshop, this 4 week course will explore:
- The NEUROSCIENCE OF MINDFULNESS - how mindfulness can help reshape our neural pathways to promote calmer, happier states of being.
- WHAT IS STRESS? - How does it affect our brain and our body's biochemistry? And how can mindfulness help?
- FORMAL & INFORMAL MINDFULNESS PRACTICE - strengthening the muscle of the mind through the practice of focusing our attention, then learning to integrate mindfulness into every day life so we can stay calm, happy, connected and productive.
- The super power heart practices of LOVING KINDNESS and GRATITUDE - how they chill us out, make us happier and more resilient when life throws us the odd curve ball!
Recorded guided meditations, journals and printed materials will be provided.
KATE OLIVER is a qualified meditation teacher and member of ATMA. She has trained with Saki Santorelli and Florence Meleo-Meyer from the Centre for Mindfulness, University Massachusetts. Kate has written an album of mindfulness songs for kids, which is currently being developed in to a schools program. Having navigated a few challenging years of medical treatment, Kate has found mindfulness to be a powerful transformative tool. Kate is keen to share what she has learnt along the way and is fascinated to explore the benefits of mindfulness in all aspects of professional and personal life. Kate works with parent and community groups, kids and private clients and has recently facilitated workshops for the Victorian State Government.
"I have learnt how to pause, and use my breath to help me in situations...How to not be so tough and judgemental of myself... I would recommend this to anyone for the therapeutic benefit it has had on my mind and my body." (previous participant)
To join the very talented and extremely knowledgeable Kate Oliver on this course, please note the following:
- WHERE: The Grove Counselling & Therapy - 1 Attley Gve, St Kilda East
- FREE INTRODUCTORY SESSION: Mon 21st Aug
- COURSE: Mon 28th Aug, 4th Sep, 11th Sep, 18th Sep
- TIME: 7 - 8:30PM (doors open at 6:45pm for a 7pm start)
- COST: $220
PLACES ARE LIMITED - payment will secure your spot
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT - go to Introduction to Mindfulness
A brief phone call to ensure the suitability of the course and to answer any questions will follow registration. To contact Kate - email firstname.lastname@example.org.